Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Anthony to the Knicks

 
      There have been trade rumors about Carmello Anthony's future home for the last four weeks. finally a move has been made. The Knicks agreed to a trade with the Denver Nuggets for Anthony on Monday night, which also included the Minessota Timberwolves. The finalized agree happened today after Carmello signed a three year extension for $65 million.
       
     As a part of the deal, the Knicks will send Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov and a 2014 first-round draft pick to the Nuggets, who would get additional picks and cash, the sources said. Along with Anthony, New York would get Chauncey Billups, Sheldon Williams, Anthony Car and Renaldo Balkman from Denver
     
       This deal will make the Knicks one of the top teams in the NBA with thier new one-two punch of Camrello and Stoudermire. When you throw Chauncey Billiups in there it adds a great third player. The Knicks currently have a record of 28-26. They will obviously be better but it just might take a few games, just like what happened to the Miami Heat. 

5 comments:

  1. I think that this was great trade for the Knicks. With Melo, Stoudermire and Billiups the Knicks will do a lot better and they will probably have a successful season unlike the past years. Melo is a very dynamic player and I think he will definatly turn that team around and send them in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The New York Knicks are going to be a power house with Carmelo Anthony on there team. I believe they will finish be better than the Miami heat. I can't wait for the NBA playoffs to see how the Knicks finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an good trade by getting a player like Anthony, but can he and AMare play together. We know neither play any defense, and if you cant stop your opponent how can you be successful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first glance I thought the Knicks had the upper hand in this trade getting one of the best players in the game in Carmelo Anthony and a great playoff proven player in Chauncey Billups, but up to this point the Nuggets have been playing great after trading for a plethora of young talent. The NBA Playoffs are right around the corner and I'm extremely excited to see how this season concludes..

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the being dominant this year by three main teams, I would be surprised to even see the Knicks make it past the first round. They do not have what Chicago, Boston or Miami has and that will be rough to overcome.

    ReplyDelete